Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Parle-G: G for Gangsta; Foo!

What I discovered today made me tremble in my very pants! I slapped my forehead and proceeded to do a 180 degree spin while gripping my left shin with my left arm! The purpose of which to me is as bizzare as it is to you. Do you dare to ask me why? I hope you live to embrace the horror of it all; that is if you don't get shot in a drive by, orchestrated some real B's (Biharis, our own desi answer to the original G). If a G can drop you like a pack of 6's for a feel of rock, a B can drop you like a dead fly for a mouthful of dairy product, I kid you not! I'll tell you why, you inquisitive idiot!

Growing up in Mumbai the familiar Parle G biscuits sign is something everyone knows. But little did I know that the base of all East Coast / West Coast hip-hop wars was forged at the edge of a little alley in Vile Parle (East) behind Doodh Sagar dairy! Even Tupac Shakur or Suge Knight didn't predict this coming! Although, they did partake in the whole west coast / east coast gangster rap wars, its very birth is at very best, speculated but not proven. If you study the ad campaign image rather carefully, the little girl is throwing a gang symbol! WESTSIDE 4 LIFE! Her right hand symbolizes the number four and the alphabet 'L'. Her left hand if you observe closely represents the alphabet 'W' for West coast.

Is this a mere coincidence or harsh reality? For all of you, who thought of this campaign was innocent and sweet, think again! Dark days are upon us as the rapper wars approach our very doorstep. Don't be amazed when the newspaper screams bloody gore as to how Baba Sehgal's posse glock'd Shiamak Davar's troupe over Manikchand Gutka's jingle turf wars! Beware!!!

"I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah
You don't wanna milk with me
Got Maharashtra Police bustin at me...
I won't deny it, I'm a straight ridah
Karnataka Police bustin at me
But they can't do nothing to a B…"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home