Thursday, April 06, 2006

A Tale of Tenacity

I just finished lunch. To me, the lunch hour translates to non chal antly munching away while I stuff my face. I also read the news in this one hour time window and it helps me get an education. I was browsing through the TOI page and I saw this little image, a broadband video link with the text, 'Medha's battle.'

Medha Patkar. A woman who has epitomized social activism and won numerous accolades and appreciation for her selflessness. She's back in the news. And it's been more than 10 days since she's eaten. Medha is on an indefinite fast to oppose the proposition of the Center to increase the height of the dam over the Narmada. Makes me wonder what she's made of that lets her persevere and last unto what seems like forever. The shame's on us for the lack of such tenacity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home