Thursday, March 24, 2005

Like a river we will flow, On towards the sea we go!



An Impression Of the State Of Me Brain (around 14th March 2005)

A few days ago, while violently scurrying around my office desk and searching for salvation, I came across an inspiring moment, which is sometimes referred to as boredom. One of the immediate after-effects was to set a piece of vellum in front of me, sharpen my 2B pencil, keep my 0.2 and 0.4 inking pens next to the vellum and sketch an impression of what was ostensibly my feeling about the order of the day. It was quite an intriguing, yet shocking experience.

The sketch that took shape in front of my eyes is the one I've posted above. A madman in a straight jacket restrained with chains to his neck . Nothing short of dementia, minus the white painted walls of an asylum with groin archs, deep blank incandescent pendant lights, wrought iron benches, the occasional clamour of squeaky wheels on polished floors and the stench of cleaning solutions. The impression in my mind.... and I said to myself, 'how did I paint this picture?'

The answers seemed to appear outta nowhere infront of my eyes.... "this job sucks... " and "you saw one of the most ill-conceived impressions of an Exorcist sequel (the Heretic) last week, so suck on it!"

Pazuzu wasn't responsible. Neither was Kokumo. It was Richard Burton's brush with Father Merrin's departed soul. T'was all crystal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home