Thursday, March 17, 2005

To meet a legend....


Gnaah!
WEDNESDAY: (events blogged today)
It was my day to get the laptop, finally. I received my package and left for office at 12pm after loading MageSlayer (my new laptop, ya-h-ay!) with the usual goodies. I was walking in the corridor of the office building and who do I see? KERRY KING! The embodiment of the axe, in the flesh!!!! I ran through the corridor screaming "raining bloooooooooood!!!" and Kerry simply lifts his arm and replies, "Guilty!"

Three guys got together in Huntington Beach, circa 1982 and decided to unleash absolute horror onto the music scene. Slayer was born. With albums sounding heavier with each helping and lyrics inspired by the Dark Lord of Terror, Slayer was the unrelenting metal act that pioneered and inspired a million other wannabes, and finally a new genre, Death Metal. Although, I never really ended listening to a lot of the death metal bands, Slayer has always been in my top favorites. Personally, South of Heaven and Undisputed Attitude are what help me work up the aggression.

Anyways, there was Kerry standing in the corridor with some arm candy and I ran upto him. My reaction only made him laugh and he was like" Yep, that's me.." I said "I've been listening to Slayer since 1990 man.... all the way in India!!!" Then came the photo opp. The fuck I messed up. There I am, standing like a farm boy in total amazement. I should've posed better; maybe stuck my tongue out, thrown the goathead with both hands!!!! METAAL RUULZZZ!! YAAAAAARGH!!! A brief pause and then back to the salt mines doing 3D work and belting out construction documents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home