Thursday, July 14, 2005

Banana Flavored Retribution

My room-mate and incredibly good friend, Arun T-M. A very hardworking, always-helpful, groan-inducing simple mutt of a fellow. His current work schedules demand him to perform handstands, while skillfully trying to pin an 'Employee Of the Month' placard to his button hole. Other than working 120,567 hours a week and getting his name carved on toast, the poor fellow has no life. The hilight of his day thanks to these frontline-battle inspired work patterns is coming home to a convention of fruit flies and a faucet that's perfecting its melancholic moans of despair. He usually walks in the door, drops his bag onto his table, groans with a deep sigh and knocks the couch. Literally. I mean, there isn't been a day when his quasi-blind toe is subjected to a harsh knock. This ritual usually concludes with a squeal exiting from Arun's mouth.

So what is the purpose of mentioning this in my little blog? Well, I'm about to tell you, and it's no funny matter. Arun's obsessed with bananas. I mean obsessed like a moth to a flame. Arun has a sort of a fetish for eating bananas and subjecting the peels to new levels of torture, improvised immediately after consumption. In the end I usually find the banana peel sprawled violently like Gecko under a 2000 psi load. The pose usually indicates the nature of the crime and the degree of violence that it was subjected to. His methods are almost Machiavellian and I can only imagine how the bananas must be feeling about this. Sometimes on weekends when I try to use the trash chute, my attempts are met with force by a renegade pack of Cobra Kai fruit flies, hell bent on wreaking havoc. Not to mention, Arun's sinister gagging method for leftover banana stems. In his hideous quality assuring little brain, he schemes and leaves behind bags and bags of banana stems gasping for breath. I must add that apples meet a similar fate, but not as violent and sinister. I only hope that someday he will understand the value of fruit and begin to respect their purpose on this planet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home