Wednesday, January 12, 2005

"This Thing of Ours" - Prologue

In most of my free time, I usually pick a topic and read. Read as much as I can. This process began with conversations that I've had with my late uncle who would speak on topics like the Second World War, India's defence, the wars we've fought and Indian Classical music. My second uncle was an avid reader and he would always speaks to me about the timeline. The man he admires most is Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, the desert fox of the Afrika Corps. His campaigns against two of the most powerful armored division generals (Montgomery and Patton) during the War in Africa and the battle of Benghazi are commendable. At some point my interest in reading about the battle campaigns and the Third Reich went into full research mode and it rendered amazing results. Some of the books that I've picked up in retrospect of these moments are the most cherished!

I'm writing about this since, these days I've been reading a lot about La Cosa Nostra. Before this, I was indulging in reading up about the skidrow in Los Angeles and the situations these homeless people have to deal with. You can find more here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home