Friday, January 14, 2005

And All That Could've Been...

Everytime I listen to 'Pinion', it almost feels like a walk down memory lane. From the time I discovered 'The Downward Spiral' to the days I listened to this album for almost 7-8 hours. Nowadays its the EP, 'Broken' thats playing all the time in me headphones. NIN has been one of the most influential bands for me; compared to how much I used to like Marilyn Manson too in the 90's. I must add that 'Fragile' was what completely did it for me. From the lilting anguish of 'I'm looking forward to joining you, finally' to the melancholic serenity in 'La Mer', this album is truly a work of art. Somehow Trent Reznor seems to have perfected the art of aging music with time like a good shot of scotch.

Now, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of 'With Teeth', (completed on the 31st of December'04) which Reznor promises to be a lyrically driven composition. Tracks like 'Last', 'Gave Up' are what I play most of the time these days; and the occasional helping of songs from Fragile, especially the one I mentioned before. I picked up the double SACD and DVD edition of the Downward Spiral a few days back and it was a choice I had to make while thinking about reversing the decision in favor of the ultimate Half Life 2 bundle with the Counter Strike source code. But, I guess I made the right choice. I'm still waiting for the Closure DVD which ostensibly has run into rough weather with the legal eagles. It's going to be pushed until March or so, and it may be released with the next album. As a die hard NIN fan, I can only say that it's still a long journey and we have to go on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home