Saturday, April 16, 2005

A Show of Hands

This morning's early workout was nothing short of uber-satisfying. You have to understand that this docile creature of lard typing away at the keyboard has not been acquainted with words like "healthy", "fit" and "slim" for a long time. In spite of repetitive attempts by a very dedicated set of parents to bring the baby elephant to the water. Hence the regular summary of shaolin style "fly-by-tofu" ass-kicking served by quasi-mutant Reuben "ehhh.." Gubah. And yes, muscleman Paul was there. Performing a very difficult task like trying to read off the computer screen. "Paa... pe.. pers... purse... son... purse-son-.. ah. .. ah .. *mummy* ... purse-son- ull.. ah ah.. ah.. ", he exclaimed at the site of Bally's personal training program.

I didn't pay much attention for long, there were too many consequences. To begin with, it would be losing my nuts n bolts in a jiffy. Anyways, I'm back home, massaging my poor arms and a not-s0 aerodynamic rotunda of entertainment... I have to go work today. I'll probably carry a pineapple grenade. I'd saved up some, from my covert operations in remotely located McDonalds outlets. Speaking of which, I took the liberty to treat meself to a Carl's Junior Catch fish sandwich last week. Reminded me of the days at USC. I know! I know! I didn't get the fries or the coke, I was sincere.

What's with the name, anyways. Catch fish. It's not like when you order the meal, the reps in the back jump into a tank filled with fish and furiously chase them with assault rifles fitted with sniper scopes and RPGs. Neither does the rep behind the register pull a gun in your face and make you run for it. Bet if the fish were martial arts experts (self-defensive maneuvers, hah!), they'd call it Carl's Junior Catch Fish Knuckle Sandwich. Knock yourself out. Literally! Huh, my sense of humor's not working today. I'm typing gibberish. I better call it off before I start typing absolute nonsense. Anyways, have a lovely Saturday my friends, while your poor aquaintance toils away without shedding a tear...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home